Analog IC Design Engineer – Switch mode power supplies
£55,000 - £75,000 DOE plus benefits including: 35 days holiday, Vitality Health care and flexible working
This is your chance to join a team of experienced and like minded engineers who enjoy a relaxed, socially inclusive and professional environment that allows them to deliver high quality solutions to clients. You will develop various power management IPs including switched supply converters (buck, boost), high and low voltage regulators, motor drivers (H bridge), in the context of supporting wireless and USB power delivery, sensing systems and connectivity within the car.
Enigma People Solutions’ amazing client develops custom automotive centric ICs using ARM Cortex-M based micro-controllers and integrate Analog and mixed signal, RF and Power Management IPs bringing a complete solution to their international customer base.
• Analyse system level requirements and derive quick and effective design circuits to meet the design target within the scope of the project. Write the associated specification, design review and test requirements documentation.
• Help improve the design quality, flow, processes for first time design success and high yield manufacturability (DFM). Willingness to lead some task force to improve design flow.
• Build behavioral modeling of analog and digital circuits and complete mixed signal simulations for verification of chip level and system level performance.
• Define layout requirements for layout engineers or complete the circuit layout autonomously.
• Close collaboration with other design team members including system, application, software, lab and ATE test engineers.
• Manage junior staff member work and lead technical decisions.
• Test, characterize, and de-bug designs in the lab as necessary.
• Must love working within a small entity where everyone makes a difference to the company success.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering with strong commercial experience designing custom ICs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of BCD (Bipolar, CMOS, DMOS) silicon process technologies involving high voltage and Automotive ISO specifications.
• Knowledge and experience of design techniques related to wireless Power (A4WP/WPC) is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience designing power related circuits such as switch mode power supplies, battery chargers, LDOs and motor drivers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of transistor-level analog circuit simulation tools and frontend environments with extensive experience with Cadence Virtuoso.
• Demonstrated knowledge of implementation of mixed-signal IC design and layout.
• Create, build and execute AMS based verification test plans
• Demonstrated ability to characterize and troubleshoot IC designs in the lab.
• Outstanding communication and leadership skills