Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a Principal Systems Engineer to join our client’s expanding team Edinburgh, Scotland (UK). Our client is recognised world-wide as providing state-of-the-art automotive power integrated circuits.
You will become part of the product development team supporting on-going developments in power integrated circuits with particular emphasis on the Automotive market. This will involve all aspects of the product development cycle from product definition, through analysis and verification of new products in systems, to applications and customer support for new and existing products.
You will support the corporate sales growth objectives by:
- Understanding customer issues and influencing technical/engineering decisions, including future product development decisions
- Establishing strong working relationships with key customers to provide the technical expertise to achieve design wins
- Defining and specifying new semiconductor products and product concepts
- Promotion and presentation of technology and products to customers
- Education of customers and field staff on products and features
- Understanding the commercial aspects of the development process
- Communicating market trends and competitive information
- Supporting the ongoing business
- Developing datasheets, application notes, demo boards, training materials, reference design
- Liaise with other System Engineering team members.
- Liaise with Design Team members.
- Liaise with off-site System Engineering teams as required.
- Communicate with Marketing teams, worldwide Sales and Application Engineering teams, Product Test engineers, Allegro Quality Department and Documentation Department.
- Assist Customers as and when required.
- Candidates should be honours graduates, with significant knowledge and experience in electrical engineering. They should possess a good grounding in, and understanding of fundamental power electronics. They should have a good understanding of power device gate drivers such as MOSFET.
- Candidates would also benefit from some ability in a language other than English, and knowledge of IC evaluation experience, fabrication and quality systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes
Knowledge and experience in the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- Automotive industry experience, including knowledge of automotive systems and requirements
- Automotive safety experience
- Semiconductor knowledge
- Experience of semiconductor lab evaluation
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
- Good presentation skills in English and the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- A high level of commitment and self-motivation
- The ability to work as part of a world-wide development team with diverse engineering disciplines.
Domestic and International travel may be required for this role. The below provides an indication only of the amount, type and locations of travel. This is subject to change depending on business requirements.
- National Travel: 5-10 %
- International Travel: 5-10%