Senior Optical R&D Engineer
Competitive Salary and benefits
Enigma People Solutions has been exclusively retained to help our client Skylark Lasers to recruit a highly motivated Senior Optical R&D Engineer who is interested in learning about cutting-edge laser technology to join their R&D innovation team. Specialising in the development and production of CW single frequency DPSS lasers Skylark Lasers’ proprietary BRaMMS Technology® platform delivers outstanding spectral performance with some of the highest output powers in the market.
If you are interested in working in a creative and innovative environment and learning about cutting-edge laser technology, this could be the role for you. The Senior Optical R & D Engineer role focuses on the design, assembly and evaluation of complex optical systems. As a Senior Optical R & D Engineer you will face various challenges on a day-to-day basis with a focus on creating truly unique laser systems with a particular interest in quantum technology applications.
Quantum Technologies hold great promise to bring a step-change improvement to a diverse range of high-impact applications, such as ultra-stable clocks for financial transaction time stamping and satellite-free navigation, medical imaging, oil and gas prospecting, and ultra-secure communications. Whilst the scientific principles upon which these technologies rely are now largely proven, the subsystems (in particular, laser systems) upon which they depend are excessively large, expensive, and power-hungry.
- PhD or MSc in relevant field
- Practical experience in optical alignment
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to interpret detailed technical information and convey data to colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to multitask
- Work well within a team and interfacing with customers
- Eligibility to work full-time in the UK
- Experience in non-linear optics
- Experience in 3D design software packages: Solidworks, SolidEdge etc.
- Software experience in Python, C++, COMSOL, LabVIEW
On offer is a competitive salary,
• Annual leave entitlement of 34 days (bank holidays included in total)
• Group life assurance up to 4 x annual salary, while employed by Skylark Lasers
• Critical care cover up to 1 x annual salary, while employed by Skylark Lasers