Analog PMIC Senior/Principal Design Engineer
£55,000 to £90,000 DOE plus benefits including: 35 days holiday, Vitality Health care and flexible working
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a motivated analog/mixed-signal IC Design Engineer with power management experience to join our client’s expanding team. This is one of our most outstanding clients that is an international designer of mixed signal semiconductor solutions with growing Design Centres in Edinburgh, Scotland and Dresden, Germany. Our client’s design team develops custom automotive centric ICs using ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers and integrate Analog and mixed signal, RF and Power Management IPs bringing a complete solution to an international customer base. You will join a small team of highly competent engineers that are creating brand new designs in the field of wireless and USB power delivery, sensing systems and connectivity within the car.
In this position, the Analog PMIC Design Engineer is responsible for managing and executing all activities associated with the concept, development and validation of power management related circuits, switched mode power supplies (SMPS), Power converters (Wireless chargers, BLDC Motor) and foundation core IPs. Given the wide range of applications that our client designs and manufactures, the successful candidate should thrive in an environment with various system and transistor level technical challenges with use of multiple process technologies. The company success is based on a design team that can quickly assess new system requirements and derive effective techniques to meet the cost, quality and time to market targets.
- Manage the technical tasks of a small size design team with focus on delivering Power Management IPs and related subsystems.
- Evaluate and define strategies to create reusable PMIC subsystems per application targets.
- Analyze system level requirements and derive quick and effective design circuits to meet the design target within the scope of the projects. Write the associated specifications (Design, DFT, Validation), and organize and follow design reviews.
- Help improve the design quality, flow, processes for first time design success and high yield manufacturability (DFM). Willingness to lead some task force to improve design flow.
- Define layout requirements for layout engineers or complete the circuit layout autonomously.
- Close collaboration with other design team members including system, application, software, lab and ATE test engineers. Interact with end customer and marketing to provide IC expertise as needed.
- Test, characterize, and de-bug designs in the lab as necessary.
- World class knowledge of ASIC design including power portioning, ESD, noise mitigation techniques, etc.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in electrical engineering with strong (probably more than 8 years) commercial analog design background
- Strong knowledge and experience designing various IPs related to power (DCDC, Buck, Boost, LDOs, battery chargers).
- Demonstrated knowledge of transistor-level analog circuit simulation tools and frontend environments with extensive experience with Cadence Virtuoso.
- Demonstrated capabilities to build and execute top level AMS test benches
- Demonstrated ability to characterize and troubleshoot IC designs in the lab
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCD (Bipolar, CMOS, DMOS) silicon process technologies.
- A knowledge/experience of Automotive ESD and EMC requirements and design techniques to meet such constraints is a plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Position reports to the Analog IP design Director.