Principal Analog Design Engineer
Industry leading salary and package assured
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a talented Principal Analog Design Engineer to join a fabless semiconductor company specialising in the design of innovative mixed-signal System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions for automotive applications. This role will suit someone who enjoys a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment and is keen to play a significant part in influencing, shaping and driving critical projects forward.
Our client designs and develops custom and standard SoC solutions for automotive applications which integrate advanced digital ICs (Arm®Cortex® MCUs and/or DSP) with mixed-signal devices into a single System-in-Package (SiP). The mixed signal can include power management, RF, high voltage as well as high speed convertors allowing us to provide complete solutions to our international customer base. You will join an established but growing international team of highly competent engineers that are creating brand new designs to implement the advanced sensing, connectivity and control required to enable modern automotive applications.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing and executing all activities associated with the concept, development and validation of analog IPs for the company. Given the wide range of applications that indie Semiconductor design and manufacture, you should thrive in an environment with various system and transistor level technical challenges with use of multiple process technologies. The company success is based on a design team that can quickly assess new system requirements and derive effective techniques to meet the cost, quality and time to market targets.
- Lead new block design circuits from marketing requirements and system architecture studies. Derive quick and effective design circuits to meet the design target within the scope of the project. Write the associated specification, design review and test requirements documentation.
- Help improve the design quality, flow, processes for first time design success and high yield manufacturability (DFM). Willingness to lead some task force to improve design flow.
- Build behavioral modeling of analog and digital circuits and complete mixed signal simulations for verification of chip level and system level performance.
- Define layout requirements for layout engineers or complete the circuit layout autonomously.
- Close collaboration with other design team members including system, application, software, lab and ATE test engineers.
- Test, characterize, and de-bug designs in the lab as necessary.
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate most of the following requirements:
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with extensive experience designing custom ICs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCD (Bipolar, CMOS, DMOS) silicon process. technologies involving high voltage and Automotive ISO specifications.
- Knowledge and experience of design techniques related to power management is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transistor-level analog circuit simulation tools and frontend environments with extensive experience with Cadence Virtuoso.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementation of mixed-signal IC design and layout.
- Create, build and execute AMS based verification test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to characterize and troubleshoot IC designs in the lab.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
· Successful candidates should have the ability to supervise and mentor teams of junior engineers.