Outstanding opportunity to take a Principal Analog IC Design Engineering role in a growing and successful company!
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a Principal Analog IC Design Engineer to join our client’s expanding team in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK). Our client is recognised world-wide as providing state-of-the-art automotive power integrated circuits.
You will design and develop advanced analogue/mixed signal motor control IC’s for a broad range of product applications. Critical to our client’s new product development plans, the Centre designs advanced power control IC’s for a broad range of product applications.
In this position, you should be able to demonstrate/provide evidence of the following:
· Leading design development from concept data sheet to production.
· Work with System Engineering/customers to define best topologies for motor control applications particularly in the automotive or similar industries.
· Lead the transistor level design phase and mentor junior design engineers in the process.
· Determines design approaches and parameters.
· Design integrated circuit blocks such as amplifiers, comparators, bandgap circuits, power transistors, oscillators and analog to digital converters.
· Validate datasheet specifications via top level simulations.
· Work with layout engineers to ensure designs are efficiently laid out to maximize performance.
· Bench evaluate silicon to debug the design. Evaluate all qualification test results to highlight design shortcomings.
· Demonstrate a detailed understanding of Cadence’s custom IC design environment MMSIM/Spectre/APS/ AMS
Liaise with Design Engineering team members.
Liaise with Systems, Layout and Digital Group Team members.
Liaise with offsite Design Engineering teams as required.
Liaise with Senior staff as required.
· The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics, plus have have extensive experience in designing Analog IC’s.
Extensive experience in designing Analog IC’s.
Preference will be given to candidates who also possess the following:
· The preferred candidate will have automotive and motor control experience.
· The preferred candidate will have BCD process technology experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
· Good presentation skills in English and the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
· A high level of commitment and self-motivation
· The ability to work as part of a world-wide development team with diverse engineering disciplines.