Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a Product Engineer for one of our most outstanding clients that is an international designer of mixed signal semiconductor solutions with a growing design presence in Edinburgh.
Our client’s design team develops custom automotive centric ICs using ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers and integrate Analog and mixed signal, RF and Power Management IPs bringing a complete solution to an international customer base. You will join a growing international team of highly competent engineers that is creating brand new designs in the field of wireless and USB power delivery, sensing systems and connectivity within the car.
As a Product Engineer, you will be a key team member of the Product Engineering team responsible for the release of ARM microcontroller based products as well as analog ASIC products through the full product life-cycle. The Product Engineer’s role includes the development of production tests plans to verify product performance, and the statistical analysis of data using sound statistical methodology in order to set test limits and datasheet specifications. To accomplish these tasks, the Product Engineer will interact closely with Design Engineering, DFT Engineering, Test Engineering, Applications, Marketing, and Q/A and Reliability Engineering to analyze and resolve issues, as they relate to sample, pre-production and full production release of a product. You will work with internal and offshore test facilities to release products to production. A strong semiconductor product manufacturing process background and the ability to collaborate with multiple engineering disciplines at different geographical location worldwide are essential to the success of this position.
- Own spec compliance matrix and production tests plan to verify product performance
- Pursue creative solutions to improve product margins throughout the entire product lifecycle of a variety of analog and mixed signal integrated circuits
- Define problems by identifying failure modes, quantity of material affected, percent fallout, etc.
- Perform data analysis, problem characterization, failure analysis, and fault isolation to determine the root cause of the problem
- Own product reliability and package qualifications
- Temp/ voltage/ process corner characterization and associated product datasheet limit calculations
- Ensure all aspects of production manufacturing are established, including hardware, documentation, BOMs, costing, and MSA/Gage R&R
- Coordinates closely with foundries from tape out to fab out, assembly and test houses from packaging solution development to prototype and pre-production sample builds.
- Ensure new product introduction is successful and on schedules
- Provide real time customer support for design, product, and quality related concerns. Work with fab to drive yield improvement.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent – Masters degree is a plus
- More than 3 years of experience as a Product Engineer in the semiconductor field
- Knowledge of a wide range of ARM microcontroller / analog ASIC products
- Proficient with various data tools such as Excel, JMP, YieldHub, etc.
- Experience in the characterization of semiconductor devices
- Ability to analyze data using sound statistical methodology and effectively present technical information
- Strong background in product reliability and qualification standards per JEDEC specs and AEC- Q100 specs
- Exceptional team and communication skills to interface with internal cross-functional teams and subcontractors: Foundries, Assembly and Test Houses, Reliability and Qualification Test Vendors