Software Engineer – C++ and Python
DOE to £65,000 plus benefits
Want to play a key role in a small but highly impactful team in a Global Tech company?
Enjoy all the benefits of a global company; excellent salary and benefits, hybrid working, great resources, fantastic collaboration, great stability and in a clearly defined role and team!
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting Software Engineers working in C++ and Python to write high-performance software models of data storage devices.
Our client is a global company that is a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organisations in the world. From energising the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centres behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, our client is behind them. As a company of problem solvers, our client’s expansive portfolio of technologies include storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike.
Your role, working in the system modelling group will be to develop, enhance, and support high quality software models of the company’s data storage devices. Primarily you will be a creative developer of software models but the role also includes some support, trouble shooting and detective work.
Whilst you will be a software engineer at heart you will also need to be able to understand the hardware environments that your software is modelling so some knowledge of hardware devices is required for you to step into this role.
• Comfortable working with C++ and Python, with exposure to C and Verilog too
• Working in the system modelling group, you will develop, enhance, and support high quality software models of NAND storage devices, part of a key verification platform for users
• Your curiosity will drive you to analyse and understand how NAND storage devices operate in context, seeking out answers internally and translating these concepts into optimum executable models. To do this successfully, you must be capable of working across the layers of architectural design, from how the NAND works through to System operations
• You will also prove model operation across varied simulation environments and platforms and constantly strengthen the quality of model coverage and operation
• You will work with Firmware, ASIC, Systems and NAND teams worldwide to gather information, requirements and feedback on models with the ultimate aim of providing a robust, reliable and accurate verification platform for all users
• BSc/BA degree or equivalent with 3 or more years of experience in embedded software, hardware emulation, hardware modelling or similar
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Patience, tenacity and flexibility to take on and achieve challenging goals, balancing competing requests and priorities
• Proactive in generating innovative solutions within a team environment.